Tuesday, June 7, 2011

How I arrived here

       This is an on going Story or Diary of my choice to enter into the world of Political  Activism as a way of trying to find something to get involved with to keep my mind off of finding out if there really is a God. Through my life I have pushed and help many of the women I have met towards reaching higher goals than what they thought they could attain. Now it seems the women I have met lately are pushing me. The latest push comes from a women named Lisa Douglas, she has been  pushing me to start my own blog. Lisa is a member of the Tea Party who has started her own group, blog and is running for office in Westchester N.Y.  http://hudsonvalleymoms.ning.com/
        So here I am again getting ready to put myself and my thoughts out into the public domain. I will probably start with some articles that have been written by me and have been edited by Raquel Okyay who has published most of my articles on her blog. http://raquelokyay.com/ Raquel and her editing has been a great help in turning me from someone that could put down meaningful words on paper has no writing background. I have alwaysbeen able to put down words on paper that where true and accurate but not necessarily organized in a manner that a writer might put them down.
        I joined the Tea Party Jan. 8th 2011 with the hope of possibly being of some help somewhere. In a very short period of time I realized that the group that I joined which has almost 180 people in it was dead. No board postings no group communication. Just mass email posts with the news.
        So knowing nothing I took it upon myself to try and bring the group back to life. It started with board posts, than emails, then group email, personal contact and progressed to the point where I was trying to contact everyone and anyone yhat had their name in the learship position as my letter to the Tea Party explains. Not 1 reply, not one hello nothing. This is all before I went to my first meeting. I think it was the second week in Feb. that I received a call from a woman I thought was not all there or playing a joke on me. (I was looking around for the cameras lol).
       The woman was Lorraine Morrano from Orange County NY TP asking me to start a new group her, write a speech, and come to her meetings. She had been following the board for my group and told me some of my writings were extraordinary. I thought she was nuts. I wet to the meeting gave a speech on the Constitution met Raquel and she asked me if I wanted to write something on her blog. Now I think they are both crazy.
      Here I am a 50 something year old man with a trade school education that hated English and school in general but never stopped gaining knowledge being asked to become a writer. It was these two women that saw something in me I never saw myself, the ability to communicate through writing. I takes a little courage to put something down on paper and in words and believe it was good enough not to ridiculed and scoffed at, at least in my case. Why was I special what the hell did they see in me. To old to get embarrassed I wrote one story, it was a little rough around the edges but with some pointers and editing it was well received.
        That's how I arrived here in 4 short months I have gone from I hope I can help to the point where I think I am serving a purpose and helping the cause. I am a member of a couple different groups writing articles for Raquel's blog which are now getting picked up by a group in Fla. I have been putting together a group to dump Rep. Nan Hayworth in NY and started getting some of my stuff accepted by the local papers. On the political front I may join my county Legislators re election campaign, be put on civilian revue panel being put together by Sen. Ball in NY and will be running for a Committeeman position in Hopewell Jct.
          All this in 4 short months these are things I think everyone has the capability to do with a little effort. If everyone puts in a little effort we will have no problem taking back our Country......Mark A. Joppa It is now 6 months into my journey.
       Coming up to the end of the 7th month I had retired, I was tired of the lack of response from John Darish for the Committeeman position to all the Tea Party leaders that I had called out and challenged them or members of the group to get in touch with me to reorganize and re energize their groups with no response what so ever. These people in the smaller groups just sucked the life out of me. Some in leadership that refused to contact me I believe have less than honorable motives and are scared to death of losing that little taste of power they have.
      A week after giving up I started getting emails asking about my next aricle was coming out. So I figured as one I was making a bit of a difference. A week after coming back Sen. Balls office got in touch with me after almost 7 months and wound up putting me on financial panel, which shocked me. Anthony Mele is running for Congress n the 17th District and asked for support and I jokingly responded if you support me which he repied yes alog with about a dozen other people. It may not be so much of a joke now this is where I stand after 7 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment